09-12-2012 12:49 PM - edited 09-12-2012 02:18 PM
I want to install dashboard but I must first install "reboot validator".
How to install "reboot validator", please?
I have a PC.
Sorry for my English, I'm French.
09-13-2012 06:44 AM
Could you please try downloading the latest version and try to install it?
09-13-2012 07:53 AM
We do have a possible solution for this issue that involves the temp file on your computer. However, to get this resolved, it would be best to have some live interaction with a technician so that they can walk you through the process:
11-06-2012 04:26 AM - edited 11-06-2012 04:29 AM
Hi, This is how I overcame this problem.
I. Configured the Windows Installer service to run in safe mode with networking:
II. Created a service which would allow Seagate dashboard services to run in safe mode with networking.
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
1. Boot into Safe Mode with networking.
2. Start >> run. Type "regedit" without qutation marks.
3. Create the following registry key under the following loation. If it doesn't exists then create a new one.
4. In the above location right click on Network and create a new key. Name it "msiserver".
This should create a Default value, Right click on "Default" and modify "Value Data" to "Service". Click OK and close the
5. Reboot back into Safe Mode with networking, and the Windows Installer service should now run.
6. If you experience any error like "Error: 1920 Cannot start Dashboard Services. Verifiy you have sufficiant privliges to start
system services." follow next steps.
7. Start >> run and type "services.msc" This should show list of all services. See if you could find "Seagate Dashboard
Services". Copy this
8. Start >> run. Type "regedit" without qutation marks.
9. Create the following registry key under the following location.
10. This should create a Default value, Right click on "Default" and modify "Value Data" to "Service". Click OK and close the registry editor.
11. Reboot back into safe mode with Networking. Now you should be able to install your application.
12-26-2012 02:43 PM
i tried everything listed here. Even in safe mode windows will install everything up to starting services and says i don't have permissions but i am the administrator. Please someone help.
12-27-2012 07:12 AM
Your best bet is to contact Customer Service directly.
01-03-2013 05:06 PM
I pulled this off another forum, hopefully thi solves your issue. it worked for me