09-24-2012 07:16 AM
Take a look at this:
These drives provide the following key features:
• 7200-RPM spindle speed.
• 32MB buffer.
• Quiet operation. Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) motor.
• High instantaneous (burst) data-transfer rates (up to 6Gbs).
• Perpendicular recording technology.
• State-of-the-art cache and on-the-fly error-correction algorithms.
• Addition of NAND Flash memory to enhance drive performance.
So it would seem they are two different things.
09-25-2012 07:44 AM
It won't make it any faster mate, these boot in about 35 seconds, run lovely and is the best step between an SSD and a HDD, as for disabling controllers do you have others other than Marvell ones, if so simply use those, rule of thumb is to avoid the Marvell ones anyway and hook the DVD to those and use the others for HDD's,
Have confidence if you want 750GB available in a fast package and get one, you won't regret it, iirc there are some benches I did in one of my posts in the XT section of the forum, they were done on a hybrid EFi bios board using Intel ports, I've since updated the bios to a full UEFi one so perhaps I should really run some more benches to post, hth.