07-21-2012 02:56 AM - edited 07-21-2012 10:33 AM
I was testing out the BlackArmor NAS 110 I got a few days ago and after seeing people's problems in this forum, I'm wondering if I shouldn't throw it away. Still, I'm happy to see that everyone is trying to help each other as best as they can. You are doing a great job people!
Anyway, after wasting yesterday I managed to set it up so I can make user, and folders through the login page for my device (http://xx.xxx.xx.x/ yes running DHCP) and upload files through the global access by making a user.
This is all well and so on, well I do get the "Connecting. Please wait..." and it's a bit slow...but it works. I can download and upload...cool. I also sometimes get the "Your connection is weak blablabla" which it should do when I'm in the same room as my device and I'm running a 20/2 connection. Still it works.
My Nas 100 is connected to a switch which got cables to other switch/hub and computers. The switch which the NAS was connected to is connected to the wireless router which then is connected to the incoming internet. (Hopefully this is correct)
I run windows 7 pro on my latop. I can't see the device in my network folder, while I can see the other computers we have but I can see it if I go into Network and Sharing Center and See Full Map for my connections. I can't find the device in "Device Manager" either as the guide says, and the drivers won't be installed if I try to install the *.inf file from RallyDriver.zip downloaded from the site.
Now to the questions, sorry if they may sound too much of a *points to the nick used on the forum*
1) Can I directly download and upload stuff through FTP and how do I do it? I see no place where I get enough data to insert into FileZilla for this. No address, no ports, no login name or password. SOLVED
2) Can I directly download (and maybe also upload) stuff through HTTP and how do I do it? No place where I get an address to post on my webbrowser to see the files. I don't think it's the http://xx.xxx.xx.x/ address from before since that only gives me the login screen for getting to the device like I do with routers. No place to upload or download from there.
3) Can I access my device from my laptop just like access the other computers/HDDs and put in files or take them out?
I hope this is not done only through the global access...cuz that would be sucky.
I read in the guide (yes I read it... ) that when I start Discovery tool then I should have something called "View Drive Details" which I do but other places I read that there should be something called "View" "Map" and also "Manage" on my Discovery screen. I don't get the later part.
Still when I press on "View Drive Details" I get the message "The Network Path was not found." as shown in the attached png file.
4) Am I doing something wrong to not be able to see this?
The Discovery Tool only shows my device when I got a cable inserted but not when I run wireless, also it was downloaded from the Seagate blackarmor NAS 110 page since I didn't have the CD.
I also noticed that I can make a Wiki...cool...but
5) What's the point of a wiki if everyone can change and make new pages? I mean there's a place to login but you don't really have to login to write stuff, right? It makes no sense and seems lacking...in my defense of this; I haven't worked with wikis that much so I don't know if it's normal practice to let everyone write in a wiki even without logging into it.
I hope someone can help clarify this for me and thanks for putting up with me.