06-30-2011 03:56 AM
We have recently had 2 of the four drives in our BlackArmor fail, Which have been replaced all drives are showing as Good and pass all the SMART tests.
But the NAS is constantly SYNC/Recovering which cause slow disk read/write problems making the NAS useless as a backup device due to such poor performance, Can this feature be cancelled or arranged to run when's convenient?
Or does this identify a problem with the unit?
01-12-2012 02:56 AM
This code means the system area is full and log files can't be saved. It also prevents the IP address from being changed properly. This only happens on firmware before 4241.
Note that this can be reparied without loss of data.
The recommended repair procedure is to call LG Support, who will provide instructions needed to send the NAS to our repair center.
Or, you may fix the NAS yourself using the following instructions:
2) Make a Restore CD using the iso.
3) Press down the button ‘S’ and press the power button once. (enclosure mode).
4) When the tray opens, insert the Restore CD and close the tray.
5) After booting, a message ‘Recovery’ is displayed in LCD. It takes about 3~5 minutes to complete recovery.
6) Turn the power on. After booting is finished, open the tray and pull the CD out.
7) Setup the network information (IP address) using the buttons on the NAS or the NAS detector program.
8) Download the latest firmware and update the NAS.
[1A_00] Kernel Loading Fail
This means the HDD's have not been initialized for the NAS. If the drives have been initialized, then your NAS may need repair.
Initialize the HDD's using the LG NAS Installer CD.
*DON'T cry over anyone who won't cry over you*