03-17-2010 11:38 AM - edited 03-17-2010 12:03 PM
I have new NAS 110 1TB, global access is enable, my global access accout is ok, but i dont know how i can install my NAS to my global access account, need I any software for this?
Thanks for help
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-17-2010 01:26 PM - edited 03-17-2010 01:29 PM
You can read posts: http://forums.seagate.com/t5/BlackArmor-NAS-Networ
Then I did the following to get it to work consistently (This is from the post link above; page 4):
1. I put the NAS back in it's default settings, not using Discovery reset but manually typing in the settings.
2. It is true the NTP will mess things up ... so it is selected "off" (You need to sync the time of your NAS to either your PC or turn off the NTP Server of the NAS.)
3. This is from another thread but it seems that the default DHCP is really not awake yet. So I set DHCP to Static ... typed in all the info: Gateway, DNS, Static IP, etc. Submitted the selection. Then discovery asked me to relogin using the Discovery software. I did. Rebooted the server. Logged back in and made sure I could still access the NAS in windows, I could! Then I set the NAS back to DHCP - submitted and the process started over.
4. Logged in as Admin -> Set Global Access -> Created 2 accounts to Global Access -> created the proper share permissions. Logged in to Discovery as those accounts and allowed Global Access. Made sure those accounts had the proper emails and passwords. Once you do this there is a button just below the "If you do not have an account blah, blah,blah" that states "Log into your account". This process I skipped, before I went striaght to the webpage. I clicked the button and presto .. immediate access .. folder .. files .. page refreshed .. upload .. download .. etc..
5. logged out of Discovery and went to the webpage link and logged in as if I was someplace in the world. It work immediately. EVERYTHING!
To access your NAS on the net use: https://globalaccess.seagate.com/ga/?locale=en_us This link is from the documentation that comes with the NAS.
Hope this helps
08-31-2010 04:33 PM
I have a NAS 110. Network is working fine, all computers on my network have access to the share folders I have created as Admin. Access to these share folders including to the External Drive (One Terrabyte HP SimpleSave) to the USB port at the rear of the NAS 110 through Seagate Global Access, though slow, is also working fine. Can somebody help me figure out, how to set up access to the External Drive connected to the NAS 110 so that I can access the external drive through Seagate Global Access. Thank you.