01-13-2010 07:50 AM
I have attached a printer to the USB Port (2). The NAS 110 sees the printer, but the network does not. The NAS 110 has the same workgroup name, and can be seen in the network, but the attached printer does no appear anywhere.
06-07-2010 10:00 AM
I had the same issue and hunted everywhere for a solution. After countless hours of trial and error I have solved the issue.
1. Log into nas, go to network-printer manager, to see if it is recognised by the nas. If it is it will show up.
2. Windows start bar, go to devices and printers and click add printer.
3. Choose add network, wireless or bluetooth printer.
4. Stop the search for printer then click on, the printer i want isnt listed.
5. Choose, select a shared printer by name.
6. Type in bar, \\xxx.xxx.x.x\printer_name
where xxx.xxx.x.x is the nas ip address, and printer_name is the name as it appears in the printer
manager from step 1.
7. It should now work. Print a test page to see.
Also is worth mentioning that I had to use a static ip for the nas as on previous occasions the ip changed and mapped drives would no longer work and had to be deleted and re-added, which would also then cause printer to not work as ip had changed.
Dont worry about port forwarding on your router, you shouldnt have to do it.
02-28-2011 04:19 AM
This solved my problem as well.
I have BlackArmor 220 NAS with a HP Deskjet D2600.
I found I could print small text files and test pages, but nothing with images or PDF's.
Tried your instructions and now it works.
Will have to see if it reconnects after log off.
Printer management should not be this hard.
07-03-2012 02:33 AM
I am able to see the printer attached to NAS110 in all computers but not able to print anything. My Canon LBP2900B has been set as default printer attached to NAS, but nothing is getting printed. It fails while retrieving printer status.