08-13-2012 01:33 AM
I purchased a Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 (factory firmware CC9B) a couple of months ago. The drive appears to be functioning normally with the exception of a periodical "chip"-ing sound (as I have read described by others).
Through research some have said that the latest firmware CC4H have resolved their issue relating to the drive's APM feature.
I am experiencing some difficulty updating my drive's firmware. I have tried the following:
* Windows utility > Rebooted and ONLY updated my secondary 1TB ST1000DM003 to firmware CC4H. It skips my 3TB ST3000DM001 (which is a tertiary drive). The message for skipping the drive is too quick to see but i think it is similar to the messgae I am getting when trying the boot CD update: "Model Matched, No Firmware Match! Will Not Download Firmware!"
* Burned firmware update ISO to bootable disc. Get the following error: "Model Matched, No Firmware Match! Will Not Download Firmware!"
* Played with SATA settings: IDE, AHCI etc. (RAID not enabled)
* Tried it on another PC (one with EUFI and other with regular BIOS)
* All systems attempted to perform update on are Intel systems with Intel storage controllers
I have 3 questions:
* Does firmware CC4H resolve the chirping issue?
* Why does my 1TB drive update but my 3TB not?
* Any help/suggestions to get my 3TB to update firmware to CC4H?
08-13-2012 03:13 AM
08-13-2012 03:52 AM
Hi Thank you for the reply. Once I update to CC9D, can I then attempt to update to CC4H?
Did this resolve the chirping issue?
08-14-2012 12:40 AM
08-14-2012 02:12 AM - edited 08-14-2012 02:14 AM
I am actually going have to have my drive swapped out for drive that is a newer manufactured revision. Hopefully this will sort me out
08-14-2012 02:45 AM - edited 08-14-2012 02:46 AM