08-09-2012 01:11 PM
I'm having difficulty updating the firmware.
This is my case:
- connected the HD (ST3000DM001 fw CC4B) via external eSata dock to my Dell Latitude 6400
- booting from CD for FW update
- ST3000DM001 is recognised and I confirm to update it
- first the 1 minute countdown passes, then a 5 minute countdown ("completing firmware download") counts down to 0:00
- then I get a failed message saying "timeout firmware download"
Tried it a couple of times, but always a kind of timeout seems to happen when downloading.