I'm trying to clone my active notebook hard drive onto a Seagate 100G notebook drive that I have in a MDM 2.5" USB enclosure (jumpered as slave). I seem to be having the same issues as everyone else.
I got a copy of Disk Wizard from the Seagate site 2 days ago. Version 10.0, build 5,077
1. Clone works very fast. It seems to format the drive only - I get the recycler folder and system info folder and that's it. No data.
2. The new drive seems to be formatted ok. I can copy a file to it manually, and read it back.
3. I tried making an image, then restoring it. The .tib image validates fine. But when I do the restore, great display before it starts, but once it reboots - finishes very fast and no data put on the drive. Goes straight into regular boot mode (unlike clone, which gives you a blue DOS-like screen)
4. Working from a bootable media also was bad - The original cd wasn't readable - no files shown, although the back of the cd showed that data had been written.
5. It looks like I can browse the image and select a single file to copy, if needed.
But I need to copy the entire drive!!
Has anyone gotten the clone or restore to work, when trying to set up a new notebook drive? Or do we have to buy True Image to restore data?