04-05-2010 07:44 PM
Now, I'm no Mac guy, but I found this on another site and since there appears to be some problems with playing movie burned with Mac's I thought I would post this on how to change Mac movie file extentions to iso's.
Create a folder with the contents you want on your ISO.
Open Disk Utility and use the New Image from Folder menu item to create an image. Ensure it is uncompressed and use the CD/DVD master option.
In my experience this creates HFS+ masters which are no good in Windows.
Open the Terminal
Assuming your new image is called ~/Desktop/Master.cdr (the file is on your desktop and called Master.cdr) type:
hdiutil makehybrid -iso -joliet -o Master.iso Master.cdr
This will create an ISO/Joliet .iso file.
This is not my solution, as I said, I found this posted on another site.
04-16-2010 01:37 AM - edited 05-26-2011 03:52 PM
MAPPING THE FAT+ CONNECTED HARD DRIVE FOR WINDOWS 7. (This is so you can drag & drop files to your hard drive without disconnecting it from the FAT+)
First, go grab a copy of Playdudes modified firmware. Or get it here:
If you want the 1.26 FW MOD you can find it here in the forum.
Then install it using the COLD METHOD.
Once you have it installed on your FAT+;
Turn on your FAT+ (if not already on), then press MENU on the remote. Go to SETTINGS, then scoll, using the side arrows, to the NETWORK page. You will see:
Click on WIred Setup (if your connected to your network via wired, I don't have a wireless setup so I can't give a step by step for that, but it should be similar).
Then you will see:
DYNAMIC IP (AUTO)
STATIC IP (MANUAL)
Scroll to STATIC IP (MANUAL) and click OK.
Then enter your disired IP ADDRESS:, this can be what ever you want it to be, just make sure it's something you can remember.
Something like: 192.168.15.200
Then enter your:
You can find the Subnet, Default Gatway & DNS by going to your computer and opening the command prompt and typing: ipconfig /all (there's space between ipconfig & /).
You will look for:
and DNS SERVER...........
write these down, they are the numbers you will enter on your FAT+. (If you don't know how to open the command prompt, it's easy, just click on START & then in the search bar type in cmd & press enter)
After your enter all your numbers, click on OK on the the remote and save your settings.
Once you are done with your FAT+ then go back to your PC click on My Computer on the desktop or go to the start menu and click on Computer.
On the top bar you will see "Map Network Drive", click on it.
A window will open up.
UPDATE: This didn't work for me until I rebooted my computer and restarted my FAT+. So if it doesn't work at first, reboot your computer and turn your FAT+ off then back on.
Select the drive letter you want to use to represent your FAT+. (Any letter will do, it's just your preference)
Then in the "Folder:" box, type: \\your FAT+ IP Address\TheaterPlus (the IP Address will be the one you choose on your FAT+)
Make sure a check mark is in the box next to "Reconnect at logon".
Then click "FInish". You should be ready to go
If that doesn't work. Try this:
Go back to Map Network Drive & click on "Connect to a Web Site that you can use to store your documents and pictures."
A new window will pop up. Go ahead and click "Next". You will see "Choose a custom network location", ok, go ahead and click next.
Now you will see a box with "Internet or network address:". In the box type \\your FAT+ Static IP Address\TheaterPlus and click "Next".
Now in the box titled "Type a name for this network location:", type a name you want to use, and then click "Next".
Then click "Finish". It should have opened an explorer window with a file named "sda1", if your drive is connected to the rear port. It will be named something else if you have a GO drive or if you have a drive connected to the front port. But there you go, you should be able to drag & drop right from your desktop now.**************************************************
Manual Steps to install FAT+ Mod 2.23 with utilities
- FAT+ or GO Flex TV, currently installed with official FW 2.20 for either US or EMEA region
- USB drive, any USB drive formatted with FAT32.
- Seb_123 Mod FW 2.23 for your region, download at
US version http://www.mediafire.com/?64xlhwcpuyfnpn3
EMEA version http://www.mediafire.com/?eet90oit2i6i9bu
- FAT+Mod-2.23-binpack-bodhi-1.2.zip, download at
1. Extract the file install.img from the downloaded FW, copy this file to the root directory of the USB drive. Make sure that it's the only file there. It's OK to have other folders, but the install.img should be the only file.
2. Power on the FAT+, set the FAT+ IP address to a static address on the FAT+ menu (wire/wireless).
3. Unplug all USB drives that are connected to the FAT+, if there is any.
4. Insert the USB drive with FW image into the FAT+ front USB port (For GOFlex TV, use the back USB port), wait until it finish indexing.
5. On a Windows PC, open a Command Prompt and telnet into the FAT+ by using the static IP address, for example if the IP address is 192.168.0.100. The user name is root, no password necessary
6. At the telnet command prompt, check for the FW image on the USB drive
ls -l /tmp/usbmounts/sda1
it should show the install.img file there
7. Start installing the FW by enter the following command at the telnet prompt
kill -6 1
8. Watch the TV screen for the FW update progress. Wait until it finished and the Main menu is displayed. At this point, the Mod FW 2.23 has been successfully installed. If any thing went wrong, follow the Cold Method or USB method of installing Rescue FW 1.55, and then upgrade back to FW 2.20 using USB method (see prairiedog thread for information)
9. To install all the utilities (optware, samba, busybox, nano) from the bin-pack, use the following README.txt instruction (also inside the downloaded bin-pack)
Installing Utilties on FAT+ Mod 2.23 (Mod FW by Seb_123, version April 17)
For use with FAT+Mod-2.23-binpack-bodhi-1.2.zip
Install Oleg Optware and BusyBox
- Use a USB drive (flash or HDD) formatted with FAT32
- Create a top level directory /bin on this USB drive
- Copy all files in this bin pack to the USB /bin directory
- Unplug all USB drives currently connected to the FAT+
- Power up the FAT+ and insert this USB drive. This USB drive will be mounted at /tmp/usbmounts/sda1
- Telnet into the FAT+. User name is root, no password necessary.
- Execute the optware installation
- When it's done, copy the autorun.sh (or merge the content if there is one already in /usr/local/etc). And
for convenience, also copy BusyBox binary. This autorun.sh start busybox FTP during
power ON. So it's recommended that both files are copied to /usr/local/etc/ as followed:
cp /tmp/usbmounts/sda1/bin/autorun.sh /usr/local/etc/
cp /tmp/usbmounts/sda1/bin/busybox-mipsel /usr/local/etc/
- Execute the mount command to check if /opt is now mounted
- Modify the /tmp/usbmounts/sda1/bin/smb.conf so that the line
interfaces = 192.168.0.51/24
matches the FAT+ IP address. Note that the FAT+ should be assigned a static IP address before
this so that Samba will work consistently. Whenever the FAT+ IP address changed, the smb.conf must be modified
to match the new IP, so static IP is best. There is also a line for workgroup, which can be left as is. If after installation, Samba
fails to share the USB drive(s), this workgroup should be looked at and adjusted to whatever the Windows workgroup is.
workgroup = WORKGROUP
- Execute the samba installation
- When it's done, the current USB drive is shared automatically under the share named "media". This is a directory
under /usr/local/etc. There are 3 symlinks in this share, usb-sda1, usb-sdb1, and usb-sdc1. Whenever a USB drive is plugged in,
it is automatically shared in that order. If a USB hub is used to connect more than 3 drives, then more symlinks
should be created to accomodate more USB drives, for example:
ln -s /tmp/usbmounts/sdd1 /usr/local/etc/media/usb-sdd1
and so on.
- Check the samba share if it appears on other PC in the network. On Windows, it should appear as
"media on FAT+ (VENUS)". Visit this share, and all USB drives will shown as shared folder usb-sda1, usb-sdb1,....
- Note that the FAT+ mini USB port will always get the first letter sda1 if a Free Agent GO drive is in that slot during power ON (does not
matter how many drives are connected). But if it is inserted later, then it will get sdb1, sdc1,... depending on how many USB drives were already
Setup Command Paths for nano and busybox (added in 1.2)
- Change directory to the USB drive bin directory and execute the script. NOTE: this script must be executed at the USB drive directory where the
bin pack is (/tmp/usbmounts/sda1/bin or /tmp/usbmounts/sdb1/bin ...)
- copy the new autorun.sh to /usr/local/etc (or merge with current content if autorun.sh version 1.1 has been modified)
cp autorun.sh /usr/local/etc/
This is my addtion:
When extracting the bin files, make sure that you unzip them a folder named "bin" on the root of your usb drive or your will have problems getting the optware to install.
Also, you can map the FAT+ on your PC if you use the map location as "\\Venus\media" (without the " ").
07-03-2010 07:17 PM
my FAT + is not a magic box?
i hope very very hope when i buy this things, it was a really magic box...
i think it can realize , with some firmware updates
we will appreciate any updates that make our FAT + Better... !
thanks in advance
08-14-2010 02:24 PM - edited 08-14-2010 02:26 PM
I'd suggest making this a sticky thread. This will help new users looking for helps. Bugs should be in a different sticky thread, too.
08-16-2010 07:17 AM
Done, thank you sir.
What is the other thread you want stickied? Could you please link it so I can look at it?
08-16-2010 10:34 PM - edited 08-17-2010 12:42 AM
I've created a new thread, since there are too many posts to make any one a sticky!
09-03-2010 03:49 PM
- To move or resize subtitle, use the arrow keys on remote Left/Right/Up/Down.
09-03-2010 07:50 PM
Is there a way to have my movies/pictures/music, which are in a shared folder 3 levels deep on my networked PC, to show up in the appropriate section of the menu without having to browse from the correct section(movies/pictures) to the needed level????
09-04-2010 12:03 AM
If what you are asking is if you can have your network shares show up from "Movies, Music, or Picture" when you select them on the main screen of the FAT+, then the answer is NO. The only thing that will show up that way is if it's on the local HDD connected to the FAT+.