12-01-2009 08:22 PM
1) Function similar to WMC for metadata CRC64/DVDID, (see dvdxml.com). Either use a file or a property on a file to set the ID and have Theater+ grab/cache the cover art, synopsis, actors, director, title from a datasource. I'm really not interested in grabbing all this myself on hundreds of titles. Even a single file stored somewhere on the device that has a simple pairing between filename and DVDID, wouldn't survive a file rename but that would still be better than tracking this info down or scanning the covers in and dropping in a jpeg
2) In combination with the above when in list view have a row details on the selected file that shows the meta data again an example would be Windows Media Center
12-02-2009 11:34 AM
12-02-2009 01:52 PM
1) SUPPORT FOR MJPEG ENCODED AVI FILES
(Canon uses MJPEG, it's the most common camera brand in the world, but FAT+ can't play the videos!)
12-02-2009 06:00 PM - edited 12-02-2009 06:03 PM
1) Fix the media playing bug on Network Media Server (Can't play Movie via "Device" > "Media Server" Function, No Problem when using "Device" > "Network" access, Tested on Windows Media Library, Buffalo NAS and Synology NAS)
2) Improve Fast Forward/Backward performance over Network
3) Default "Movie" Browsing Location (For now, default fixed to Local Drive Only, I hope I can set it to my network place)
4) Support Youtube HD Movie
5) Music Playlist Support
6) Fix can't access Windows 7 Share resource issue
12-03-2009 07:57 AM
I've made this thread a sticky.
I can't guarantee that any of these suggestions will be enabled in the future, but I can guarantee that the appropriate person sees it.
12-03-2009 12:26 PM
What i really would like is internet plugins that talk to things like IMDB (for streaming movies), Hulu - not likely to happen due to licensing issues, or Pandora. Or something that sees itunes on the network. Or a streaming VLC source.
An SSH server on the FAT+ that would enable me to push files to the FAT+ drive from my server would be nice. That way i would not have to dock / undock the drive to install new media.
Of course it is unrealistic to expect a small Seagate development team to do all of that, so perhaps the next best solution would be for Seagate to post a functional copy of the FAT+ firmware as they are required to do by the terms of the GPL license - but have so far failed to do.
Using GPL code as the basis for a product and then refusing to make it available is in violation of the license - some would call it a form of software piracy.
tom w wolf
12-03-2009 07:11 PM - edited 12-03-2009 07:22 PM
If it could not show hidden file shares on Windows network locations (C$, etc).
Also,I second a vote for Sanku's number 3) to change default "Movie" location to network folder instead of having to go through the extra steps to get there under "Devices" and Fritz's concurrent Dolby/DTS optical and HDMI audio output requests
12-03-2009 07:31 PM
I would like the ability to use YAMJ, or another tool to make managing, sorting, and finding movies easier.
Dealing with 40 or 50 movies is not bad, but 400, 500,1000 it get absurd to force people to scroll through all movies.
Examples of what is out there for free, but doesn't work with the device:
Also what about allowing a rating system, so there could be parental control?
12-04-2009 01:43 PM
I would like to see the option to "return to previous screen" when powered back on...that way when it turns on, you don't always have to start on the main menu and navigate to the "movies"... at least let me set my own default start-up location.