09-04-2010 01:18 PM
I have to say that I am very happy with my FAT+ now, thanks to the playdude FW which allows me to access over the net and the fact the the freezing lock ups i had at first have stopped. I put this down to some corrupted mp3 files, which now I think i have 'flushed out'.
The good thing is that this whole exercise has prompted me to cleanup, order and catalogue all my video, music and photo files, which is a good thing.
Whilst the video and photo files are perfect, the listings for the mp3 files - some of them - is a bit weird.
While a lot of the mp3 tags seem to come through perfectly (I have over 200 albums) some - and it seems just random - have strange characters around them. Chinese characters, or non standard ascii characters.
I have used mp3 tag software to retag the files in question, but it persists. it seems the same files are the ones to blame.
I have retagged, then deleted the theater.db file (to allow the FAT+ to recreate the index datatabase) but still the odd characters persist.
I have even opened the theater.db file in SQLITE editor, but have not found a way to delete the rows in question (I can query for them though) which i am not quite sure why. I think i could manually edit each on e in the .db file, but that would take too long.
Am not sure why or how this is happening.
Any experts got any ideas? ;-)
09-05-2010 07:30 AM
Right click the mp3 with strange characters. Select PROPERTIES. Select SUMMARY tab. If you see the mp3 tag info edit out the garbage characters. If you DO NOT see the mp3 tag info you should see and advanced button click that and you will see the mp3 tag info and then edit out the garbage characters.
I'm thinking the tag sofware you are using is not showing you the Comments portion of the tag info which is usually where I find the garbage characters.
09-05-2010 10:08 AM
Thanks for the reply. I checked all the properties, and the advanced ones, including summary, but NO characters there at all in summary, and no garbled characters to be found.
09-11-2010 02:37 AM
I know that I used to experience the same tag corruption issue in other programs. In my case, whenever I put a mp3 into the library of iTunes or Real Player, the tags would have similar corruption issues. Usually just in the encoded by or comments sections, but it was upsetting nonetheless.