11-18-2010 07:06 AM
1) Make sure the drive was connected during the installation and first launch of the software.
2) Confirm the correct USB drivers are installed, since some drivers have been known to block the drive identification with certain chipsets. So the best thing to do here is to update your USB drivers if possible with the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer.
11-18-2010 11:51 AM
I tried again . . . third time now. I updated latest USB Drivers from Dell's website, unistalled Dashboard/Memeo BU, disabled Firewall/AVS, and re-installed all with the drive attached and Memeo is still expired and the Dashboard is not seeing the external drive. Windows does see the drive and I can access it without any issues. I kept the configuration files for Memeo when I unistalled so it would retain the backup information - should I have done something different here?
This has been going on for too long. I need another option.
11-19-2010 06:24 AM - edited 11-22-2010 07:36 AM
The key is that Dashboard isn't seeing the drive. That is why Memeo is staying in trial mode.
Here are some steps we need to make sure of:
1) Confirm the operating system is up to date.
2) Confirm the Seagate Dashboard service is started.
3) If the service is started, then confirm the drive is seen correctly.
11-19-2010 08:55 AM
1) Confirmed - Vista 64bit SP2
2) Confirmed - Seagate Dashboard service was started and is set to automatic
3) a. Seagate FA GoFlex Desk USB Device
b. Microsoft, 6/21/2006, 6.0.6002.18005
11-20-2010 08:41 PM
I just purchased a Free Agent GoFlex 1TB disk, installed it and tried to run a backup. The message I received is "Your free trial has expired! All backups are suspended until you purchase a copy of Instant Backup". I have not done any backups, I can't find any product keys, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times and followed the instructions in your note. I am losing patience quickly with Seagate as this appears to have been an ongoing problem for quite some time and has not been rectified. How can I get the software activated so I can do backups? One of the key factors in purchasing a Seagate disk was the advertisement of included backup software. My previous disk was a Maxtor with Free Agent and it worked the first time. How can this be resolved quickly????
11-22-2010 07:37 AM
GeorgeMcKewen and alexandre173,
Please confirm that you have seen, read, and performed the directions described in the first post of this thread and also what I posted just a few days ago.
11-22-2010 11:13 AM
Hi.. Yes for me.... I put off my firewall, anti-virus ...... I have windows XP Home..... but I have always my problem with the 30 trial days with my goflex Home !!!!
11-23-2010 08:37 AM
1) You're dealing with a different issue because you have a GoFlex Home, not a GoFlex, GoFlex Desk, or GoFlex Pro.
Probably I'll have to recommend the same to you, to contact Support if the problem is not resolved after doublechecking that you've done everything I mentioned in those two posts.