08-16-2012 05:58 PM
Fool me once, shame on me....fool me twice shame on you!!
Please know I have another Seagate drive and it works perfectly!!!
I bought a GoFlex home 2TB drive (network) two weeks ago and it was nothing but trouble:
• the drive took hours/days to back-up my Mac files
• called and spent numerous hours with tech support on the very, very bad drive.
• took for ever (days) to back-up
• I spent hours on the phone with Seagate tech support; wish the hardware was as good as the tech support, they were GR8!
After hours on the phone,
tech support agreed that it was bad and told me to return it to Staples for another one.
• took it back and after some concerns from the store manager, he gave me a new Seagate drive, the same as I had purchased before.
• Took the new one home and attempted to back-up my files to the new #2 Seagate drive
• after 48 hours waiting for the files to be back-up.....NOTHING was backed up to my new "replacement" drive
• This is awful!!! Seagate and Staples should be ashamed of selling this crud!!!
I know all the techies at Seagate and Staples will point fingers at others, but I can assure you that I will never, ever purchase anything again from Seagate and Staples!!