01-25-2008 12:41 PM
I patiently waited for new software, knowing that the brilliant minds at Seagate would fix all of Mirra’s problems soon. It never happened. Now realizing that this product is unfortunately near its end-of-life cycle, this is merely just a therapeutic rant of mine to fall upon deaf ears.
1) Why must my computer bog down so much during file transfers that I want to kill someone?
2) Why is there no way to STOP the Mirra Service that is causing so much pain without having to resort to killing the process in the task manager? Can’t there just be a STOP button? How about a “Bog down my computer processor at a time when I’m not using it instead of when I start my computer and want to actually accomplish something” button?
3) Why doesn’t Mirra purge old data automatically to free up room on the server? Instead, the drive fills up and that’s it. End of story.
4) When I try to purge old data, the capacity remains full.
5) When I remove ALL backed up directories from ALL computers, the drive only indicates 8% remaining… even though NOTHING is being backed up.
6) Why is there no PURGE ALL button?
7) Why is there no way to remove old and long forgotten computers from the list of Local Computers?
01-27-2008 02:26 PM
250Gb that's now down to 30Gb and going downnnn........
01-28-2008 11:47 AM
11-18-2008 11:27 AM