07-18-2011 03:59 AM
My expansion portable drive model number is ST910004EXM101-RK (1TB)
This is a pretty new hard drive about 1 month old, it worked 2 weeks ago when I transfered all of my data from other hard drives/systems in to the new one.
recently when I connected, this drive is not recognized in windows. The following are my observations.
- Green light keeps on flashing.
- I get NEW HARDWARE FOUND message and asking me to provide drivers. When clicked on continue, windows is not able to find drivers and gives me balloon tooltip on the task bar that there is some problem with the hardware.
- I have tried changing the USB cable, but not much of use.
- I have tried connecting to different USB ports INCLUDING the back of the CPU. SAME RESULT FOR EVERY PORT.
- Device manager shows an UNRECOGNIZED USB DRIVE with YELLOW color.
- In DISK Management and Windows explorer the drive is not displayed.
- I have gone through some of the posts related to this problem and as mentioned I downloaded UCViewer.exe. Here is the error report from UCView.exe.
Any help is appreciated.
Current Config Value: 0x00 -> Device Bus Speed: High
Device Address: 0x01
Open Pipes: 0
*!*ERROR: No open pipes!
bDeviceClass: 0xFF -> This is a Vendor Specific Device
bMaxPacketSize0: 0x40 = (64) Bytes
idVendor: 0x13FDidProduct: 0x1618
wTotalLength: 0x0012 -> Validated
bmAttributes: 0xC0 -> Bus Powered
MaxPower: 0x01 = 2 mA
bInterfaceClass: 0xFF -> Vendor Specific Device
*!*CAUTION: This appears to be an invalid bInterfaceSubClass
*!*WARNING: must be set to PC_PROTOCOL_UNDEFINED 0 for this class
*!*ERROR: 0xFF is the prerelease USB Video Class ID