08-12-2012 04:34 AM - edited 08-12-2012 04:40 AM
Seagate Constellation 2TB: ST2000NM011 - Revision SN02
I recently tested my brand new 2TB Seagate Constellation harddrive with SeaTools. Here are the results:
SeaTools for Windows
DST - Generic Short Test -> Fail
Generic Long Test -> Pass
SeaTools for DOS
DST - Generic Short Test -> Pass
Generic Long Test -> It hangs after a while and green text appears (see the attachment).
In addition, I am unable to access the S.M.A.R.T. information of the Constellation drive in Windows. None of the utilities, such as HHDScan, HDD Health etc . show any data for the drive.
Apart from those issues, the harddrive seems to work fine in Windows - I can read and write data without problems and the drive information in the BIOS seems correct.
Is this something I should worry about?
Should I RMA this drive?
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66GHz Overclocked to 4.00GHz
- Motherboard: Asus P6X58D-E Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard
- Cooler: Corsair H50 Watercooling
- Graphics Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 1024MB GDDR5
- RAM: Patriot Viper 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel
- Hard Drive 1: Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6Gb/s 32MB Cache
- Hard Drive 2: Seagate Constellation 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache
- Case: Antec 300 Gaming Case - Black
- Power Supply: OCZ 600w StealthXStream PSU
- Sound: 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
- Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA Drive
08-12-2012 10:33 AM
To reply to my own question, it turns out that all issues in my post above can be resolved by connecting the harddrive to the SATA II 3GB/s interface on the motherboard instead of the SATA III 6GB/s.
I have no idea why but hey, if it ain't broken, don't fix it, right?